Hello! I am photographer in the Columbus Ohio area. I am a custom, natural light, on location photographer. If you want fun, fresh, colorful photos of your family, I would love to work with you! I specialize in children, newborns, babies, families, maternity, engagements, and seniors.
I am currently scheduling photo shoots for 2010!
Check out my website for more information http://www.brittlakinphotography.com/ or
email me at britt@brittlakinphotography.com to book a photo shoot! Thank you!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Heirloom Party!

So, I happened to stumble on this Heirloom Party that Marie at Emma Calls Me Mama is having. What a great idea! So I ran and got my camera and snapped a few pics of my beloved heirlooms.
This pictures leave a little more to be desired, seeing as how it was 9:15pm when I took these!

My first heirloom is my china set that my Grandma L gave to me. She had it in her will that it should go to me. It's pretty common, but oh, so lovely. Desert Rose by Franciscan Ware
She loved this china. I remember it serving all the yummy things that she would cook such as cabbage rolls, noodles, and Thanksgiving dinners.

My 2nd heirloom is this quilt. This quilt is a mystery to me. All I know is that it came from my Grandma L. I know nothing because I took ownership of it after my grandma passed. I wish I knew the story behind it. Sometimes I can still smell the sweetness of my Grandparents house, deep in the fibers of this old quilt.

My 3rd heirloom is very special to me.
My Grandmother G painted this for my Grandpa and Grandma L's 50th wedding anniversary. It is a painting of their house. So it is very special because the artist is my Grandma, and the subject is the house where so many great memories were made.
This is actually a print, my (fantastic) mom had a print made of the original because she knew I loved it so much.



My 4th heirloom is these sweet birds. My mother gave them to my Grandma L and they perched on a shelf in my Grandma's kitchen. She collected birds, too bad I don't have more of them. I always loved looking at this pair as a child. I love how the one looks a little riffed about something. Maybe he was cold? The other one has glue stains all over her face, where I'm sure one of the grandchildren dropped him and my Grandmother glued her back together.



I have so many more, but these are some of my favorites (that were easily accessible for pictures). I hope you enjoyed looking at them. These simple things bring me joy every time I look at them.

Now hop on over to Marie's blog and join the party!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, just stopping by from the Heirloom party to say hello! The quilt is just beautiful and I love the little birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those salt and pepper shakers, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Britt - thank you for joining the party! I love all your sweet treasures! The desert rose china is beautiful. It reminds me of my Gramma Carrie. She had the same pattern. After she passed I don't know who ended up with it, but I hope it's being loved! What a precious quilt! Love the design. And those little birdies and painting are sweet. I'm thankful you have been blessed with these heirlooms!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your heirlooms are so sweet, but that print of your grandma's painting is amazing! She was very talented :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete

Followers